This 1 or 2 day CQI and IRCA certified training course provides information on the requirements of ISO 45001:2018. The course is intended to enable participants working with an existing occupational health and safety management system (OHSMS) based on the OHSAS 18001:2007 standard to plan the migration of their system to the new international OHSMS standard.
*Please Note: Those delegates who have previously attended the Annex SL Module as part of their ISO 9001 or ISO 14001 training, need only attend Day 2 of this course.
1 Day, 08:30 – 17:00, Day 2 08:30 – 17:00
Who should attend?
This course is essential if you are:
- An existing IRCA registered first, second or third party OHS management systems auditor
- A first, second or third party OHS management systems auditor wishing to keep their auditing skills and techniques up to date
- A first, second or third party OHS management systems auditor wanting to learn about ISO 45001:2018 and how this new standard affects you
- A second or third party auditor working for an organisation that is certified to OHSAS 18001:2007 and are migrating to the new ISO 45001:2018 standard
- Senior management, management representatives and operations personnel
- Trainers and consultants
- OHS practitioners
To gain maximum benefit from this course attendees should already be familiar with the content and structure of the OHSAS 18001 standard.
This course offers the most effective way to equip attendees with the enhanced skills and knowledge to audit against this new standard and understand the impact on OHSAS 18001 certified organisations. Learn about the potential benefits of using ISO 45001 to integrate with other business systems including quality and environment.
Delegates will also find the interactive nature of the course, it’s challenging content and extensive use of team-based exercises, stimulating and enjoyable.
- The high level structure for management systems based on Annex SL and how this affects auditing
- The new requirements for understanding the organisation and its context and how they may be audited
- The new and enhanced requirements for leadership and worker participation and how they may be audited
- Risk-based thinking in an OHSMS and how this extends to requirements for risks and opportunities and how they may be audited
- The changes from a procedural approach to a process approach and how they may be audited
- How to adapt your auditing technique to accommodate the new and amended requirements in ISO 45001:2018
- Migration time frames for ISO 45001 and their impact on existing OHSAS 18001 certified organisations
What are the benefits?
This course offers the most effective way to equip existing OHS auditors with the skills and knowledge to audit against this new standard. On successful completion of this course, participants will understand:
- The intent and requirements of ISO 45001:2018
- The similarities and differences between the OHSAS 18001:2007 and ISO 45001:2018
- The proposed implementation time frame for ISO 45001:2018 and its impact on OHSAS 18001 certified organisations
Offering better value for money, they can be designed to closely match your specific requirements.
Style of delivery & Course Leaders
Our course leaders have unrivalled OHS management systems design and improvement experience. They are qualified and experienced auditors with extensive practical management experience across a wide range of sectors including manufacturing, finance, pharmaceuticals, local and national government. We have extensive experience working across cultural boundaries, through our work in Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Asia and the Americas.
Delegates successfully completing the 45001 element of this course on day two will be awarded a CQI and IRCA certified training accredited certificate. (2335)
Delegate’s successfully completing days 1 and 2 of this course will be awarded CQI and IRCA certified training accredited certificates. (2358 & 2335)